Today (Friday), I am off to Brussels for the weekend. My good friend, Ryan lives and works there. He has graciously allowed me to stay and to be my tour guide for the weekend. I have not seen him for several years, so this will be a fun weekend trip! Ryan, here I come, mon ami!
OK - here are some more London pics. Sorry, I have been dragging this out, but it is the only way to keep you people coming back to read this blog!
Any good tourist knows you have to see London's most famous symbol - Big Ben. He is pretty massive. But did you know that "Big Ben" does not refer to the whole clock tower, but to the huge 13 ton bell that strikes the hour. This bell is 9 feet in diameter and 7 feet 6 inches high. So, I cannot show you a pic of him, only the house he lives in:
To the left, you will see the giant ferris wheel. This ferris wheel is called the "London Eye".
The London Eye is the world's tallest observation wheel at 135m high. Located on the banks of the River Thames, you can see fantastic views over London. It takes 1 hour to make 1 revolution - that was too long for us, so we skipped it.
Parliament!
This is where I leave you. I have a plane to catch. The life of a jet setter is rough!
I hope you all are well.
I miss you all!
1 comment:
Nice Clock. I love you Aunt Lori.
Love, Kristen
Post a Comment