Hello!
I made it into London, finally. It was a real hassle and it all started at the airport. We were taking a discount airline called "Easyjet" to the small town outside of London. Well, Easyjet was not so easy. First they say there are no weight restrictions on luggage and then charge me for my behemoth of a bag. ?!?!?!?! Then their slogan is "If you are late, we won't wait". Hmmmm, is that why we took off 30 minutes late after 3 people scooted on at the last minute? Argh
Anyway, the flight was short and smooth. We took a cab (this cab looks like SupperNanny's car!) and proceed to drive on the wrong (I mean left side of the road). We get to Polaroid (where I will be working) and I meet up with one of my colleagues. It was a quick visit, as all I needed was to get the car.
They give me a portable GPS unit (Polaroid, of course) and tell me my apartment has already been programmed so all we have to do is follow it. So, Guy navigates and I drive. Yes - I drove!! It was a hoot! Not nearly as bad as I thought. The roundabouts were manageable and the highway was easy, just follow the fellow in front of you. Turning onto another street was the most difficult, and I kept saying "left lane, left lane" over and over. But I did well. The bad news - the directions they programmed in were completely and hopelessly wrong!!! So here we were, in some neighborhood, lost, no cell phone and no clue. I was at my wits end! Fortunately, we found a really nice guy who lent us his cell and we called the apartments. We were not even close to where we were supposed to be. Finally, we made it, woke Mandy up (the other intern on this project - she fly in from the States today) and we got in.
The place is really nice, when I have more time I will post some pictures and talk more about it. But I really like it here! It helps that they speak the same language!!
I still have some t post on our remaining time in Paris, so stay tuned for that!
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oops!!! Lori, after seeing your pictures of Notre Dame, I think it is the cathedral in Chartres that has the towers that are different. That is what happens when you get old, the memory goes fast.
I am glad that you and Guy are having aggod time and getting to see a lot of living history.
Dad
Glad you are having fun! We can;t wait to hear more! Love- Leslie, Bryan, Kristen & Allison
Hey Lori,
I finally have a chance to read about your adventures this evening. It seems like you are having a great time. Your apartment is beautiful. The pictures are awesome. The Huber's are also doing well I might add. The weather has been warm, we need rain. We miss you.....:):) neighbor....
Take care and be safe. Ellen
Post a Comment