Thursday, May 10, 2007

Setting out

Hello everyone!

The day is almost here! I depart on Saturday, May 12 for my 5 week adventure / global consultany. This is my first trip to Europe, and I am excited to see as much as possible while I am there.

As I have prepared for this trip, many of you have expressed interest in what I will be doing and what I will be seeing. Also, many of you have offered much appreciated tips and suggestions on on where to go, what to do and where to eat! And then there are those of you who think that my "accent" will form a language barrier no one can penetrate.

So, this blog is as much for my benefit as it is yours. You will be able to check back as often as you like to see where I have been and what I have seen. I will be able to document this trip and share it as I go along - and not have to bore everyone will piles of pictures upon my return....

So, check back often and feel free to comment in this space - I look forward to hearing from you!

Lori

5 comments:

Mom or Dad said...

Lori, I guess by now your are in Paris. I hope you are not too tired to see some sights this afternoon (Sunday). I found your blog and we will follow your fun of sightseeing. Don't be too touristy!!!! Love Dad

Unknown said...

Howdy from Union, KY!! Glad to hear/see you guys made it across the pond OK. Sorry to see the rain hit, but sounds like you guys are having a great time.

Look forward to seeing the progress. (BTW - look for the universal adaptors...covers like 75% of the world in one cool little tech-gadget).

The 1088 Bayswater Bums
:)

Anonymous said...

Hello Guy and Lori, glad you both made it safely to Paris. We enjoyed reading about your adventures this evening. It seems you have accomplished alot within 24 hours. Stay safe and Lori, try not to run into criminals while you are there. Melissa made it home safely from Chicago. She has some great stories to tell you when you return. Take care. Ellen

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think I figured out how to post on your blog! You guys are fooling me...tired? tourist? American? By the way,did you forget a "fanny pack?" Ha ha.

Looks as if you're having a GREAT time! Enjoy and yes, be safe. You know the French...just kidding.

Looking forward to more living vicariously through you!

PS Guy - ask Shawn about acheiving, "Unagi!"

Michelle :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis!! Hello from sunny Florida!! I am so glad to hear that you guys made it safe and sound! Man, what an awesome journey you guys have had so far! You're pics are amazing, and I cant wait to see and hear more! Have fun and be safe! Love you!