Sunday, May 20, 2007

There is no London Bridge

Now I can feel free to talk about London. It is hard to catch up when you get behind!

We have a 2 bedroom apartment overlooking a marina. It is pretty neat to look out at these odd boats. Some people actually live on them - I think that would drive me crazy.


Here is our apartment:





Our view


We explored the area and the marina leads out to a small channel. It is neat because they have manual locks and dams to move their boats through. Here is Guy and I standing next to one:






Here is the channel:



On Friday we did some rapid sight-seeing. We only had that day, since Guy was leaving bright and early on Saturday. So we did all the touristy stuff.


We went to Buckingham Palace. We were about 30 minutes early for the changing of the guards, but it was crowded. We could not even get up to the date. So we walked around to get a few pics.



As you can tell, the English cannot take pictures. I told this person I wanted the whole palace in the picture......not quite.


I took this one - much better

My next post will have more on our sights, but for now, I am freezing and hungry, so I am signing off!

2 comments:

Mom or Dad said...

Lori I would assume by now Guy is back at home and working (Monday May 21st) and you have have started your internship. I hope you will enjoy your job. Knowing you, you will make the best of anything that you do. Your apartment looks to be new and from the pictures looks very nice.
Mom and I are going to Jamie's wedding this weekend,(the 26th). Beth will be in the wedding and we want to visit with her for a little while. Have fun, but don,t wear yourself out.
Love Dad
PS I love reading about your great adventures.

Anonymous said...

Wuz up? Why is there no London Bridge? Did yours fall down? Ha ha.

Your apt is so CUTE! I'm glad you have a cozy place to stay. So...how was your first day at work?

I too LOVE reading (and sharing) your adventures. I am living vicariously through you. :)

Take care...until next time!

Michelle